The Engineering Technician will work within the TPMS product line. The responsibilities of this position include validation and testing of Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) on automobiles, answering technical calls, and assisting in troubleshooting application issues. This position will also assist in the creation/maintenance of the TMPS database and troubleshooting/training materials.
- Build relationship with dealers and develop a working rapport to source test vehicles
- Assist in vehicle testing to include tire changing, vehicle driving, vehicle pick-up and drop-off
- Support the TPMS technical line by answering calls and troubleshooting the customers’ problems
- Manage sensor program and data base
- Prepare technical reports
- Create both internal and external training materials, application guides and troubleshooting guides
- All other assigned duties
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
- Working knowledge of mechanical gauging and instruments, which include micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, force gages, pin gages, dial indicators and hardness testers
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent PC Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, as a team member, and a project leader
- Highly motivated, self-starter, detail-oriented
- Good problem solving abilities
- Strong knowledge or interest in the automotive sector
- Knowledge of computers, technology and electronics.
- Ability to use an Oscilloscope, signal analyzer, and knowledge of radio frequency a plus
- Ability to program Mitutoyo Quick Vision System
- Two years’ experience as an Engineering Tech in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Associate’s Degree in engineering or related field preferred
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
Continuous improvement, integrity, team alignment, and a desire to achieve are of the utmost importance in helping us achieve our mission which is to continually make Dill the best in the business.
This position does not offer relocation or visa assistance; all interested candidates should upload their resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Only candidates meeting the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls please.