Handles all aspects of design, development, application, and problem analysis and project management for a diverse line of mechanical components and products. This includes customer and supplier interface, competitive product analysis, test definition, data analysis, prototype development, program leadership and manufacturing development. The Sr. Project Engineer will own every aspect of their project and product line from opportunity identification through the entire lifecycle. This position requires constant interfacing with all aspect of the organization including Sales, Operations, Quality and Procurement.
- Manages projects through entire design phase and lifecycle of the product.
- Creation of project plan and timeline, communicating progress of project, overcoming roadblocks, handoff to operations, design for manufacturability and design validation testing.
- Be the expert in Project Management and New Product Launches; help develop and implement best practices and processes.
- Expert in assigned product lines.
- Attend trade shows when appropriate.
- Use a scientific approach to problem solving including design analysis, calculations and using a statistical approach.
- Researches and analyzes design proposals and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Writes performance specifications and product manuals.
- Leads projects and interfaces with sales, manufacturing, quality and the test lab
- Specifies system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Investigates and resolves product issues. Determines non-conforming modes and issues corrective action reports to resolve them.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers and responds promptly to their inquiries.
- Develops and configures new designs.
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, as a team member and a team leader
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- The ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Good problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas
- A high level of computer literacy, particularly computer-aided design
- A minimum of six years’ experience
- Experience in Project Management with a history of managing successful product launches on time and within budget.
- Experience reading and interpreting standards such as ASME, ASTM, ISO, SAE etc.
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
Continuous improvement, integrity, team alignment, and a desire to achieve are of the utmost importance in helping us achieve our mission which is to continually make Dill the best in the business.
This position does not offer relocation or visa assistance; all interested candidates should upload their resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Only candidates meeting the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls please.