This position has the responsibility to organize and perform tests on various engineered products. Ensure the test lab equipment, instrumentation, processes, facilities, and documentation is maintained. Perform test, gather results and fill out the appropriate documentation. Work and collaborate with Project Engineers to create, develop, and test new product designs.
- Perform product performance and reliability testing.
- Create prototype parts and assemblies through machining and fabricating.
- Perform annual product re-validation testing.
- Ensure all documented testing procedures are followed.
- Provide documentation for all testing and archive data in an easy-to-follow manner.
- Assist and support other Engineers as needed to ensure correct performance of each test.
- Maintain the lab facilities, equipment, documentation, and records.
- Ensure calibration of all lab test equipment by performing the calibration and/or sending out the sensor for calibration.
- Ensure proper stocking, storage, documentation, and control of all chemicals
- Organize materials and set up product testing stations.
- Apply good mechanical design, instrumentation, and data collection techniques to set up the test.
- Ensure all safety guards and PPE are in place and all applicable safety procedures are followed when setting up and performing testing.
- Use lock out/tag out procedures as required.
- Use structured problem-solving methods to determine, solve, and prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Fabricate test fixtures, test stands and tools necessary to setup and perform a wide variety of tests.
- Apply basic instrumentation (force, stress, strain, pressure, temperature, weight, acceleration etc) to obtain test data
- Remain current in job knowledge
- Ability to machine intricate parts with tight tolerances.
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of calibration techniques and procedures.
- Wiliness to get Certified to either EPA 608 or 609. (Refrigeration Technician Certification)
- Proven ability to operate lathes, mills and other machining equipment.
- Experience with use of various types of gages and other metrology equipment
- 2 Year Technical Degree Preferred
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
Continuous improvement, integrity, team alignment, and a desire to achieve are of the utmost importance in helping us achieve our mission which is to continually make Dill the best in the business.
This position does not offer relocation or visa assistance; all interested candidates should upload their resume or apply online. Only candidates meeting the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls please.