Develop and implement optimal manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Research, develop, and implement machine designs and controls to improve productivity and reduce production cost.
- Collaborate with other members of Machine Design to rebuild and upgrade current machines and controls.
- Design, develop and implement new fixtures and assembly/inspection equipment to reduce costs and increase throughput.
- Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Provide technical support as required to improve machine up-time.
- Research current trends in automation for ways to improve process efficiency.
- Coordinate equipment builds and upgrades with either internal resources or external companies.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers and respond promptly to their inquiries.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing departments to determine feasibility of automating current manual processes.
- Analyze supervisor requests for changes in methods of manufacturing to improve costs, quality, and safety.
- Meet internal and external customers deadlines as scheduled
- Participate in root-cause analysis and troubleshooting efforts related to product and/or assembly issues; provides technical input and support as required
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, as a team member and a team leader
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- PLC programming experience preferred.
- Experience in pneumatic, electronic control systems.
- Experience utilizing vision systems and robotics in automated assembly and test systems preferred.
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly, and production equipment
- Good problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- A high level of computer literacy, particularly computer-aided design
- Three to 5 years’ experience in machine design and development, preferred.
Bachelor degree in Engineering
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
Continuous improvement, integrity, team alignment, and a desire to achieve are of the utmost importance in helping us achieve our mission which is to continually make Dill the best in the business.
This position does not offer relocation or visa assistance; all interested candidates should upload their resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Only candidates meeting the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls please.