The Machining Quality Technician will be responsible for finding and preventing non-conformances in the Machining Center. This will include performing machine setups, roaming audits, identifying gauge needs, training operators on the correct use of gauges and helping to identifying improvements to prevent non-conformances.
- Find and prevent non-conformances from the Machining Operation Center.
- Identify and help to implement improved defect detection and prevention methods.
- Interface with tooling/manufacturing engineers to identify the need to replace/update tooling or other parts causing defects.
- Perform Machine Setups and record data per control plan.
- Perform constant audits in the machining area to detect or prevent non-conformances.
- Train operators on proper use of gauges.
- Properly use various types of gages and test equipment to perform the necessary tests or inspections
- Ensure documentation is correct, accurate and effective for the parts being made.
- Run advanced Metrology equipment such as Vision System, Science Scope.
- Prepare reports by collecting analyzing and summarizing data and make recommendations.
- Read and Interpret Part Drawings that incorporate geometric tolerancing.
- Perform accurate inspections and tests by selecting and setting up the proper equipment
- Perform pan lot checks as needed.
- Process Return Material Authorization Dispositions
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- High level of computer literacy – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with of machining equipment and tooling.
- Experience with use various types of gages and other metrology equipment
- 2 Year Technical Degree Preferred
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
Continuous improvement, integrity, team alignment, and a desire to achieve are of the utmost importance in helping us achieve our mission which is to continually make Dill the best in the business.
This position does not offer relocation or visa assistance; all interested candidates should upload their resume or apply online. Only candidates meeting the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls please.