Mechanical Design Engineer
Handles all aspects of design, development, application and problem analysis, as well as project management for a diverse line of mechanical components. Including customer and supplier interface, competitive product analysis, test definition, data analysis, prototype development, program leadership and manufacturing development.
- Researches and analyzes design proposals and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Prepares product performance specifications, manuals, service bulletins, sales flyers and catalogs
- Develops and configures new designs
- Writes performance specifications and product manuals.
- Leads projects which interface with sales, manufacturing, quality and the test lab
- Reads and interprets technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Specifies system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Investigates and resolves product issues
- Determines non-conforming modes and issues corrective action reports
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers and responds promptly to their inquiries
- Meets internal and external customers deadlines as scheduled
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Solidworks proficiency a Plus
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, as a team member and a team leader
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to prioritize and plan effectively
- Good problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas
- A high level of computer literacy, particularly computer-aided design
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
Continuous improvement, integrity, team alignment, and a desire to achieve are of the utmost importance in helping us achieve our mission which is to continually make Dill the best in the business.
This position does not offer relocation or visa assistance; all interested candidates should upload their resume or apply online. Only candidates meeting the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Apply for Mechanical Design Engineer in Oxford, NC
Apply Online - OR - Upload Resume