The Purchasing Manager plans, manages and coordinates all activities related to forecasting, sourcing and procurement of materials and products.
- Review forecast quarterly and revise as needed
- Manage negotiations with key suppliers
- Coordinate supply chain, including offshore suppliers
- Utilize the EDI system for placing orders where applicable
- Manage the MRP system and processes
- Review obsolete and excess inventory quarterly to resolve potential issues
- Ensure adequate inventory and supplies to meet production on demand
- Assist in annual inventory and cycle counts
- Maintain, setup and update reports from various software applications
- Create departmental processes to ensure established inventory levels are maintained
- Lead quarterly supplier reviews
- Maintain procurement records, reports and metrics
- Vendor Interface and price negotiation
- Prepare clear and concise reports and correspondence.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices
- Assist in organizing special programs and events
- Willingness to travel (10%)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, MRP Software and Internet Explorer
- Strong work ethic
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong oral & written communication skills, ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Minimum of three years purchasing and management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, accounting, economics or related field
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
Continuous improvement, integrity, team alignment, and a desire to achieve are of the utmost importance in helping us achieve our mission which is to continually make Dill the best in the business.
This is an onsite position and does not offer relocation or visa assistance; all interested candidates should upload their resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Only candidates meeting the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls please.