Machinist/Tool Makers are precision metal workers who craft tools and metal forms for stamping and forging operations. They analyze design specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and other manufacturing equipment.
- Follow lockout/tagout procedures to maintain equipment safely.
- Read blueprints, sketches, or computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) files.
- Set up, operate, and disassemble conventional, manual, automatic, and CNC machine tools.
- Align, secure, and adjust cutting tools and workpieces—monitor the feed and speed of machines.
- Turn, mill, drill, shape, and grind machine parts to specifications—file, grind, and adjust parts so that they fit together properly.
- Measure, examine, and test completed products for defects—test completed tools and dies to ensure that they meet specifications.
- Smooth and polish the surfaces of parts or products, tools and dies—present finished workpieces to customers and make modifications if needed.
- Compute and verify dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of work pieces.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be able to heat treat parts to print requirements.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
- Must be able to operator & setup Milling machines.
- Must be able to operator & setup Lathes.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with limited supervision.
- High-energy individual with a strong work ethic.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Sit, walk, or stand (concrete flooring and changing temperatures).
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and understand safety rules and regulations.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- 5 years Machine Shop experience required.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
Continuous improvement, integrity, team alignment, and a desire to achieve are of the utmost importance in helping us achieve our mission which is to continually make Dill the best in the business.
This position does not offer relocation or visa assistance; all interested candidates should upload their resume or apply online. Only candidates meeting the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls please.